As soon as we arrived in Champaign I had received a call that our dear friend Marina had passed away. She had been battling cancer for several years. We knew it was a matter of days before she would pass but I was hoping it would not be while we were out of town. I was sad that I was not at home with the family. Marina was a wonderful person and friend and she will never ever be forgotton.
We spent Christmas Eve at my parents's. My brother and his family came in town and we really had a great time. Lana got a big wheel from Grandma and Grandpa so she was SOOOO excited!
Christmas Day Marina's family came over to my parents for dinner.
For many years we have been getting together with Marina's family on Christmas Day and this year was hard not having her here. My gift to Ciara this year was a sterling silver locket that said "forever in my heart" on the outside and when you open it up I put a picture of her mom in it.


1 comment:
I love busy months! So the holiday season is always one of my favorite times because it seems like there is always something going on! :( Sorry you guys had a really rough December though.
Post a Comment